Monday, September 23, 2013

The verse I needed to hear...

That's right people, I'm blogging again. I have actually been thinking about this weekly, sometimes daily, and I haven't had the chance to sit down and come up with what I wanted to say EXACTLY. BUT, that's the joy of blogging. I can write something and then go back and read it and think "what in the world" and that is ok! I don't have to write the perfect post every time. Aaron and I are getting ready to welcome our THIRD girl! Wow! Amazing how God has blessed our lives and I never would have imagined I would be the mom to three precious girls. But soon it will all be reality. I have a little over 5 weeks to go and I am hoping that I only have 3 left. Wishful thinking, I'm sure! :) The beauty of this pregnancy has made me realize how wonderful it is to feel the movement inside of you and knowing that a foot is just stretching out and feeling so wonderfully secure inside. With that comes my anxieties and worries all over again. Yesterday I heard the verse, Proverbs 31:25 "She is clothed in dignity and strength. She can laugh at the days to come." I have probably heard that verse a hundred times and yet yesterday I HEARD it for the first time. I WANT to be that Proverbs 31 woman. The one that trusts God with all her heart and never worries about the future. Once my children entered the picture, the idea of "never worry" seemed impossible. One minute I feel like I can relinguish all control to God and the next I feel as if I will never be able to give Him everything. At Sunday School our teacher mentioned how amazing it is that God is in control. No matter what, even in the worst situations, God has His hand on it all. He knows that number of days we will be here, he knew what decision I would make before I even knew of the situation. Knowing that, we can find comfort that even in the hurt, fear, frustration, man's sinful nature that causes a situation...GOD IS GOD and has brought that instance into existence to bring glory to Him. We may never know why but we can find comfort in knowing that He has a bigger picture than our small minds can fathom. AND isn't it wonderful that he has control of the situation and not man?

No comments:

Post a Comment