Monday, February 2, 2009

Could it be???

The day that I found out I was pregnant was on Mother's Day in 2008. What a memorable day that was! I knew that something was different and that I could possibly be pregnant, but my husband, being the "budget friendly" guy that he is didn't want me to take yet "another pregnancy test" because A. he didn't want me to be disappointed and B. he didn't want me to waste money by peeing on a stick that cost $10. So, I went in the bathroom anyways and took the test and shut the door quickly so he wouldn't see! Ha!

I went back in after about 3 minutes and sure enough...it was positive! After Aaron was quick to read the instructions to see if I had done this right (I'm not sure how many ways you can screw this up...) we went to bed that night and talked about the "what if's" that lie ahead. The next morning we took another test to make sure the first one was correct. :)

I made my first appointment at the doctor's office and when we left there, Aaron asked me when we would get the test results back. I asked him what results he was talking about and he replied, "You know, to see if we are pregnant or not." I love this man! I quickly realized through this whole process that this pregnancy is not real for them until she comes out and they can physically see them for themselves.

I had a really wonderful pregnancy. I was sick for the first 4 1/2 months, but then I really did love every minute of it. I was very uncomfortable at the end, but what pregnant woman isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment